Thursday, March 29, 2007

You are unknown to me
I know not who you are
I know nothing of the pain you went through
Neither do I know what your family is going through
I keep seeing the image of you in my head
And tried as I have, I can't get it out
I see your face inbetween everything I do
Which in turn makes me wonder what you're doing

The way you laid on your side
Your arms curled around you
As though you were cold, or perhaps afraid
Afraid of love unknown
Or maybe you were sad
Sad about the life unspent, things not done
Maybe you were angry, and rightly so
Angry for the chance you never got
To make your mark in this here cruel world

I know not who you are
And yet, I feel connected to you...
May you rest with the Lord.
Amen

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

great poetry chick! thanks for stopping by my blog!

IJEOMA said...

beautiful.. very nice indeed!

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

Nice, it made me sad. Take it easy, dont overwork yourself!!!

chidi said...

nice poetry.. its beautiful

EDNUTEY said...

Really nice

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Nice thoughtful poem...

Delilah 3 said...

Nice poem. I love poems. i promise to write you a special poem one day.

4wardnfiaca said...

thanks, guys...
sorry for going awol these days...lol.
y'all know how it is

Spook E said...

that was sweet and sorrowful and beautiful and sad all wrapped up in one, i love it.

Mimi said...

awwwwwwwwwww made me sad 2. but great penmanship :)