Sunday, March 18, 2007

stop whining! just count your blessings

haba, i have 2 lil of this, and i need a lil bit more of that!

I find myself thinking these thoughts more often than not. A lot of days are filled with thoughts of what I want and what I need instead of just thanking the Lord for what I've got...
I find myself praying in the morning thanking God for His blessings, but that gets interupted with thoughts of "Lord, I know You have done so much for me, but can You please make it just a lil bit more." Now, I am not saying that is a bad thing, but will I ever learn to just be thankful in one prayer, without whining about what else needs topped?
Ask, and it shall be given unto you! Yea, I know the script, but so does everyone else, and instead of whining about what all is missing, I need, well we need, to start thanking God for what is present in our lives. Things like family, friends, love, you know the priceless things we take for granted.
OK, I am about to do it again. I know I am not exactly where I want to be yet, but I love where I am, and I pray I have the years on my side so I can get to where I need to be. But really,I find myself taking into account what I have been through the past years, and what I have already achieved this year, and I know I AM BLESSED.
When you feel the need to whine, please remember the people who are less fortunate than yourself, and who would give up their right arm to be exactly where you are. When you have them envisioned, I hope that You realize that you, my friend, are favored by the Lord, and learn to count your blessings...
Peace

2 comments:

EDNUTEY said...

That happens to me all the time too, we are humans and we can control it when it comes to asking God for something, its just what humans do, even if the blessing was from man to man and not God to man, we still don't get satisfied, we just want a piece of everything, its a bad thing but its just so uncontrollable...u know

Anonymous said...

Good post.