Saturday, February 17, 2007

wora hell is this?

Anoda day of work. I find myself cursing under my breath. This is just 2 dam much. I want to go home. Yea, I said it! I want to go back to naija. OK, anywhere I don't have the responsibility of driving in blizzard conditions to get to work will do it for me right now.
It wasn't going to happen though. I needed to be at work and I knew it. Where is absolute vodka when u need it... Sometimes, I wonder why I chose the medical profession. Ok, well, it's becos nothing else does it for me. Hmm, I start work at 10pm, 15minutes from now, and my legs are just rooted to a spot in my closet. My broda is not home, so I have to scrape the snow from my car. I find mysef appreciating him for the little things he does (most of which I take for granted).
Realizing it's too late to call in, I called anyways and told them i'd be late. There is this nonsense going on at work now about random drug testing on employees. I s'pose a couple of pple got caught with their pants down. I get downstairs, and out the door, and thought, DAMN, I NEED A GARAGE...
I am scraping snow off my car and freezing, and thinking about the BELVEDERE VODKA in my frrezer. I hate orange juice with a passion, but i find myself thinking I wouldn't mind the combo right this minute. But with my luck, tonite will probably be the nite i'm randomly picked to be tested. Still freezing, wishing my broda wasn't outta town, I make a mental note to pick him up something nice next time I go to the mall.
ffwrd an hour and I am finally at work...
Imagine my surprise when i realize I was the only one who made it in?

3 comments:

Delilah 3 said...

Girl, try this. A shot of Irish Cream, microwave for a minute and a half, then mix it with Chinese herbal tea, you are good to go. Drug Test? nothing is gonna be detected. Pls dont try this o.lol. i tried it once and i was warm the whole day.you cant beat what the inner warmth does!!

Ubong Da said...

pele o!, na the thing whey we dey enjoy here and we no know. Snow ke. Harmattan sef we dey complain not to talk of snow, frost and all the other nasties in obodo oyibo. nna Baba God bless us for naija and we still dey complain hmm.

4wardnfiaca said...

miss delilah, i am definitely goin to try dat. u know, when i have a 3day weekend.
ubong, na tru u talk o, me sef wan move back to naija