Thursday, February 22, 2007

tres shots a la caffeine on the rocks, por favor

Last saturday started out like every other saturdays, with the exception of the much anticipated annual office party. I'd planned on getting at least 8 hours of sleep {which almost neva happens} before prepping for the party, after which i'd have to report for work...pesin come land of milk and honey, na soso to dey work, chei!
As usual, i wait until the last minute before laying down to sleep, at which point i am just counting down the hours instead of actually sleeping. Come time to get up and ready for the party, and I am as tired as ech hee double hockey sticks. I get up anyways, and jump in the shower. Then comes the deliberation of what to wear. I tell ya, for office parties, suits or anything professional is ovarated. Since I wasn't going to wear jeans, I slipped on my baby-lace kaba that momc made for me.
I got to the party a lil later than I was supposed to, u know, I had to make sure all heads would turn when I show up in my native attire, and I was not disappointed. it was the talk of the nite... well, u know, when we weren't talking about other things. The party was nice, we ate, and drank and danced. Come see oyinbo ppl dey move body for dance floor. The sight is to die for. {hmm, I think that was a rhyme}. U should'a seen me gyrating, and partaking in the country line dance. U woulda thot I'd been doin it my 'ol life.
Trust my dbn (dudu by nature) ppl to request the cha cha slide after the oyinbo ppl requested their country dance. Personally, I was fine with wuteva. I only have to hear some beats, and i can't stop my legs from moving and the rest of my body from gyrating.
Anyways, after much merrymaking, it was time to press on to work. That was when the lack of sleep started to catch up with me o. And there was no excuse. I could not call off of work as my oga had seen me gyrating earlier on. So, I went to work anyways, but i was so tired and drowsy, I had to make a pot of coffee within the first hour. Every so often, I would feel myself drift, and would need anoda cup of coffee just to make it thru the hour. I suppose that's what I get for not sleeping and using up my energy reserve dancing.
By the time I got off work sunday morning, I was totally pooped, and as soon as I made it home, I just crashed. The whole of sunday was a blur, and the only important thing I did, other than speaking with AZ, MT and cuz Bk, was catch up on zzzs.
Speaking of zzzs, i needsta get goin if i'm gointa make itta work in one piece today.

2 comments:

Waffarian said...

ah ah! takeriteasy!hope you are feeling better now!!! abeg, update that DV gist now, did you call him again?

4wardnfiaca said...

aunty, yes o i'm gud. thank u jare