Friday, November 16, 2007

MC cont'd

After the wedding, i kept in touch with MC, we would talked on the phone almost everyday, and everything seemed marvelous. it felt as though all was finally right with the world. A couple of months after I'd first laid eyes on him, I got the opportunity to see him when he came back to the city I'd met him at. i of course made like I was sick at work and took the day off, so i could drive the three hours it would take me to get to him.
When I saw him again, it was as though he'd been there all along and no time had passed since the last time I saw him. we reminisced and had a nice long laugh. everything was just as it should have been .
I left the next day to go to work as the people I work with would've just let the work pile on, and I would have had to do it in the end.
we kept in touch after that and made plans to meet up again. in the midst of that i made a trip back to London (will be posted later), and got back, and all of a sudden mister was no where to be found.
While I was in London, i had spoken to him on a Friday, i think it was and he'd told me he was at a wedding rehearsal. Now, this coming from someone who shared a lot of things about himself when I'd first met him, and who'd talk about any and everything whenever we talked on the phone, it was very surprising that he hadn't mentioned the fact that he was going to a wedding or that he was in the wedding. ( abi! u sha have to be in a wedding to go to the rehearsal. unless u r the chauffeur or the planner, and ol boi was neither).
anyway, so as to not disrupt the process, he asked that I call him back within the hour and when I did, some other guy picked up the phone and started acting like an idiot, so I hung up.
I did not try calling him that saturday, and actually waited till monday to give him a call, cos i figured he would have been well rested. When I called, he didn't pick up his phone, and normally he would have called back right away or at least the same day, but this time i did not even hear from him for over a week, and even then, the flow of the conversation wasn't quite right. it also seemed like he couldn't wait to get off the phone, so obviously i wasn't able to tell him, how i felt.
it wasn't too long after that when I started thinking back and thought, maybe he was the groom at the wedding rehearsal he went to, and maybe he was at his honeymoon the whole time I couldn't get a hold of him.
I mentioned this to a couple of my friends and they of course want me to call him anyways and leave a nasty message on his voice mail if he doesn't pick up, or email him some words that would make him lie awake night after night and ponder on better ways to act.
see as how I can't seem to bring myself to do any of that, i haven't been able to talk to him. I don't even believe in confrontation over the phone. I like to be able to see the person i am confronting before I get on their case about anything, so i wait for the day when that would happen. until then... I have his number deleted off my phone since i'm of the mind that everything is kind of good...

5 comments:

Teva said...

hey dearie...I'M BACK!! how you???

anevisa said...

hmn...i really feel you gurl.

I support your decision...

Sometimes, somehow, somethings are meant to be for a reason.

Jinta said...

Confrontation would be churlish. If he wants to go, let him. Me, i dont delete any numbers o, how else would I know whom to avoid?

4wardnfiaca said...

@jinta... I wish I had that problem. all I have to do is look at a number, and it takes a miracle for me to forget who it belongs to. i'm still trying to forget mc's number

4wardnfiaca said...

thanks u for the support @ nuttie